PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK TOUR
ABOUT THE PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK TOUR
Peneda-Gerês National Park - Where adventure meets nature, tradition and culture.
This tour is more than a simple visit to Peneda-Gerês National Park: it’s a feeling!
Let's be part of this special and authentic nature/cultural experience.
Embrace your adventurous side outside the busy city of Oporto: experiencing beautiful landscapes, magical paths, a waterfall, a lagoon, an ancient village and a tasty local gastronomy all emerged in magnificent mountains.
We offer you the gems of the National Park, the hidden secrets that the locals are kindly sharing with us!
The journey begins with a pick up on a 4x4 at your accommodation, you will join like minded people in a small group for the day.
Surrounded by gorgeous mountain landscapes you will make short and accessible walks to reach a crystal clear lagoon and waterfall taken straight from fantasy books.
Once there you will be able to ground yourself! Appreciate the magic scenery, wild swimming and the purest nature.
Throughout our day, we might feel like travelling back to ancient times. We step in one of the last communitary villages in the Portuguese northeast. Where you will get to know a real interesting way of living, based on traditions and focus on heritage and cultural preservation.
Food is a great way to preserve culture. Traditional meal in a local and welcoming restaurant with fair, flavoured, deliciou food and wine included!
"Changing the world at an arm's distance!"
Giving back to nature and the community by an environmental care project , it's our way to promote active and participative tourism.
Being on the tour means being part of the process of reforestation in the National Park.
Allow yourself to absorb all the sounds, smells, senses that this experience has to offer all year round.
PENEDA-GERÊS TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Discover Portuguese countryside, by grounding yourself in a secluded waterfall and lagoon;
- Swim in crystal clear water and adventure yourself in the wild nature;
- Join like-minded people;
- Get to know an ancient village, by preserving their cultural heritage and interact with locals;
- Giving back to nature project - 1 tree per tour to help reduce our footprint;
- Amazing landscapes/viewpoints along the day;
- Land Rover experience;
- Supporting local partners;
- World biosphere reserve by UNESCO;
- World agricultural heritage by FAO (UN).
- A friendly nature local guide;
- Pick-up at your accommodation in Porto Downtown (around 8h30 am)
- Drop-off at your accommodation in Porto Downtown (around 6h30 pm)
- Small-group tour (up to 8 people max);
- 4×4 Land Rover experience;
- Tradicional lunch at a local restaurant (vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options)
- Participative tourism: be a part of our environmental tourism care project;
- Short walks - avg. 25 min each way - (easy/moderate level), - to stroll around the village, reach a waterfall and/or lagoon.
- Duration: 9/10 hours.
- Travel time 1h40 min: Porto > National Park / National Park > Porto
- Take in consideration that the land rover is a vintage car, built for the mountains but not for comfort- some parts of the ride can be uncomfortable.
- The paths are downhill and uphill, terrain can be slippery and you might need to scramble over some rocks.
- This activity is available all year round.
- The itinerary can be altered to make the best of the weather conditions.
- The tour may be cancelled/rescheduled due to bad weather conditions.
- The tour may be cancelled/rescheduled if the minimum number of participants is not reached.
- This activity is suitable for everyone from 3 to 75-years-old.
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible or recommended for people with back/knee problems and serious medical conditions.
- Any kind of worry!
SEND US AN EMAIL IF:
- The day you want to book is not available;
- Your accommodation is not in Porto;
- You are in a large group or have a big family;
- You are looking for a private/Taylor made tour;
- If you don’t want to make a reservation by credit card.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
FAST & SECURE PAYMENT
Related Adventure Tours
BEST QUALITY EQUIPMENT
PICK UP & DROP OFF INCLUDED
CANYONING IN PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL PARK
Canyoning is much more than just jumping, sliding, and abseiling in the river. It means becoming part of the surroundings. Extend yourself, overcome yourself, and have lots of fun in the process! We…
PICK UP & DROP OFF INCLUDED
KAYAKING IN PENEDA-GERÊS NATIONAL
Kayak in the Caniçada reservoir and start your day surrounded by stunning mountain landscapes! We provide you with a completely different perspective of the Gerês National Park with the right amount of fun…